Monday, April 23, 2012

The Ultimate Reset

Today was the first day to what I can only hope will be the template for the rest of my life. In March of last year I had finally reached my goal weight and was beyond excited. Fast forward a few weeks and I find out I am pregnant. During the pregnancy I put on a lot of weight - in excess of 50 lbs. I took it as a free for all. What I wanted the baby wanted, right? Within a few weeks after delivery I had dropped 30 of those pounds but found myself stuck in the bad eating habits. I had been doing P90X and Turbo Fire before the pregnancy but decided I wanted a fresh start and to try something new.  Before I know it Beachbody puts out what they call "The Ultimate Reset". It is a 21 day slow detox program that is broken down into 3 phases. I decided this was exactly what I needed to jump start and get myself back on the path of healthy eating and exercise. I am going to blog about my journey with the Ultimate Reset and let you know all the ins and outs - good and bad.
 Today was Day 1. The food today was really good. I am having a hard time adjusting to eating 3 meals a day instead of my normal 5. However, I was not overly hungry throughout the day. Breakfast consisted of eggs, toast and steamed kale. Lunch was a microgreen salad with some creamy garlic dressing and dinner is baked salmon with potatoes and asparagus. I am feeling fine. No changes really. I have taken all the supplements according to schedule and am working on my gallon of water. I am really looking forward to what lies ahead. This week is the only week you are allowed animal protein.. this is the only concern I have because I am a HUGE steak/chicken person. 
I will update tomorrow on how my sleep goes tonight and how I am feeling in the morning. I look forward to this journey. The results I have seen from other participants have been amazing and I hope I can add my success story to the group!


For more information on the Ultimate Reset go to:
http://www.ultimatereset.com/?referringRepId=53508

No comments:

Post a Comment