Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 7 - End of Phase 1

Well today marks the end of Phase 1. It is hard to believe that Day 7 has come to an end. Overall I have to say that although it was challenging at times - for the most part I did not have any issues sticking to the plan. I did sub a meal here and there but only after trying what was planned first. I have come to find out that a lot of foods I thought I did not like or would never think of trying are actually quite tasty. 

Breakfast today was oatmeal with flax seed and cinnamon and an apple. Lunch was a microgreen salad with creamy garlic dressing and some zucchini cashew soup. Dinner was my least favorite. It was baked tempeh with brown rice and steamed vegetables of my choosing. I did not have high expectations for the tempeh.. as I have seen a few posts about it in our accountability group. I do not know if I marinated it too long or what but the soy sauce flavor from the Bragg's was overpowering. It was not bad but it wasn't anything I would ever make again. I only ate a few bites of it before I just couldn't do it anymore. I had to at least give it a shot though because I wanted to see if it was something I could continue eating. Next Phase the meat/dairy is completely cut out. I have looked ahead at the menu for the week and for the most part it all looks really good. 

So my final day of the Reclaim Phase brings me a total weight loss of 10.6 lbs (as of this morning). Phase 2 - Release begins the detox part of the program. Phase 2 was where I was expecting the weight loss to come in so this should be interesting. I am sleeping better, have more energy throughout the day and just feel better overall. I am really looking forward to Phase 2 and what it brings.

If this reset is something you are considering I highly recommend it. After only 7 days I can tell such a huge difference in my life. It isn't something I can really relay through words. You just have to see for yourself. 

On to Phase 2!!

~ Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment