Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 6

Today was Day 6. I slept really well again last night. It has been really nice getting decent sleep for a change. Today was pretty uneventful. I still feel the same as the past few days. My energy level has remained steady. 

Breakfast was a fresh fruit plate and toast with yogurt. I deviated from the plan because I was supposed to have Baked Tempeh for breakfast but I did not wake up until 11 am so I did not have time to prepare it without throwing my whole day off schedule. Lunch was a microgreen salad with creamy garlic dressing and quinoa. Dinner was interesting.. in a good way. It was roasted root vegetables with zucchini cashew soup and toasted millet. Now, up until today I always thought I did not like beets. I was also hesitant to try the soup. One thing I can say is that this reset has had me trying foods I never imagined. I love some of these things I am trying and can't believe that I probably would have went the rest of my life without ever trying them if it wasn't for this. It was a very good dinner and I was full before I finished it. 

Today was the first day I have really found my mind wandering to "bad" foods all day. I know deep down I really don't want them and don't need them but you know how it is - tell someone they can't have something and it makes it that much more appealing. When I find my mind wandering to such things I just remind myself why I am doing this. All of the damage I have done to my body in the 32 years I have been around the least I can do is give myself 21 days of treating it right to get myself back on track! 

I have been experiencing some leg cramps tonight. I did not get my full water intake in today and did some walking around downtown this afternoon so it may be from the lack of water. Other than that I have not experienced any other issues today. I started to get tired right around 10:30pm which seems to be the pattern for me lately.

Tomorrow I will do my grocery shopping for Phase 2 - The Detox phase. Tomorrow is my last day of Phase 1 and so far I am beyond pleased with the results so far. As of this morning I am down 8.8 lbs. I am started to feel the mental changes as well. I have more patience, I feel calmer and just an all around sense of well being. Maybe it is me just knowing that what I am doing is so good for me. Whatever it is I am ready to take on tomorrow and finish Phase 1 out strong and head into Phase 2.

~ Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment