Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4

Today was Day 4. I am still not having any of the problems that some people reported such as being sore and really tired. I slept really well again last night and was wide awake at 5am ready to go. Today was another good and successful day! The food was once again amazing! Breakfast was a fresh fruit plate ( I opted for kiwi, raspberries, strawberries and oranges) with a piece of whole grain toast and some plain yogurt with agave. Lunch was supposed to be a repeat of last nights dinner - the nori rolls- which I was not really impressed with so I decided to use day 3 lunch and had a microgreen salad and lentil lime salad. Dinner was one of the best meals to date. It was stir fry veggies with quinoa and tomato cucumber salad. I could have eaten a LOT more of it!

As far as how I am feeling I am right on track. I have had more energy, feel more focused at work and just have an all around sense of calmness. I like the schedule of the supplements and eating. It makes me plan my days out more and I could always use a little more structure in that department! I still haven't had any "cravings" per say but am not going to lie - I have had thoughts about other foods.. BAD foods.. like my all time favorite french fries and gravy (yes I am from up north LOL). However, I just reminded myself why I committed to this journey and know that what I am doing for myself is beyond any satisfaction I would get from said french fries and gravy!

As I sit here and write this I hear the clinking of the spoon against the bowl as my husband tries to hide in the kitchen and eat his ice cream. I am proud to say I wouldn't want any even if I wasn't doing this reset. Some of the bad foods I used to let myself indulge in occasionally don't seem to have that same sparkle anymore. In 4 days I already feel like I have come a long way.

As of this morning I am down 8.2 lbs. It is amazing how much trash our body holds onto that in only 3 days time of eating good clean foods that I have let go of that much. The menu for tomorrow is looking good. I am looking forward to another good night of rest and can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!

~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment