Monday, January 19, 2015

Crockpot Turbo Chili



It is that time of year. The weather is getting colder and nobody wants to be grilling outside. I am always looking for new recipes to put in the crockpot. My family is pretty set with our "family secret" chili that we have be tweaking and perfecting over the years. However, I have heard a few of my friends say how wonderful the crockpot chili recipe is from the Turbo Fire nutrition guide. I have that program and figured I may as well give it a shot..

Not only is it super easy to throw together but it was REALLY good! 

The best thing is you can make the recipe your own. Don't like beans? Leave them out! Like more veggies? Add them! I used my 21 Day Fix containers to portion out my bowl or I would have gone WAY overboard! 


Ingredients:

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large can tomato sauce
8 oz whole kernel corn, canned
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can pinto, chili or kidney beans, rinsed
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 pkg Lawrey's Chili Seasoning 
4 oz low fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Brown turkey. Drain and discard fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz of cheese, if desired. 


That is it! Super simple and super YUMMY!! If you give this recipe a try let me know how you like it! You can always sub the Lawrey's seasoning for chili seasoning of your own or I have heard Mrs. Dash now makes packaged chili seasoning but I have never seen it in our stores here so I am not sure what all is in it. Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment