Monday, January 5, 2015

My Next Journey




Today started the first next of the next challenge I have given myself. I let myself go over the holidays and put back on an extra few pounds. However, worse than the extra pounds are the feelings that came back with them - not sleeping well, lack of energy, acid reflux, and stress just to name a few. It is amazing how quick those things come back when you fall off track and go back to eating sugar and processed foods. 

I decided that in order to make a big change I needed to really push myself. I made the decision to take on 60 days of Insanity:Max 30. The original Insanity has always made me nervous. I have a mental block when it comes to it for some reason. I decided that I needed to push past that fear and take this one head on. My husband and I are going to be doing the program together which will be awesome for the extra support and accountability.

Today was Day 1 of the program. I had taken this past weekend to start preparing myself mentally. I sat down and wrote out my meal plan and wrote down all of my reasons why I decided on this program and what I was hoping to get out of it. 

I took my Energy and Endurance pre-workout, grabbed my bucket (just in case - better safe than sorry!) and headed to the basement. I maxed out in 2:07. Yes - you read that right - 2 minutes and 7 seconds. Having no issues getting through 60 mins of other cardio workouts this kind of made me disappointed. I took my quick break and wrote my time down and got right back into the workout. I was able to finish the entire 30 minutes using a mixture with the modifier. At the end of Cardio Challenge today the only word that could come to mind was "humbling". 

I was disappointed in my max out time at first but I am in competition with nobody else. Just me vs. me. I will do my best in each workout and push myself each day. Each week I will try to beat my previous week max out time - even if by only 30 seconds. I am excited to see what changes (mentally and physically) this program is going to bring for me. 

I sometimes get caught up on how far I still have to go instead of remembering where I have come from. I am so much stronger than I used to be. I went from being crippled by severe depression to gaining 60 lbs to where I am today. Each day I try to be a little better than the day before. I will update my journey as I go through these 60 days. Stay tuned for more! 



If you want to follow more of my journey you can follow me on Facebook HERE

Here is to the next 60 days! 

~ Karen Pickard

No comments:

Post a Comment