Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 13

Where do I even begin?? Today was Day 13 and probably one of the worst days I have experienced by far. I slept 12 hours last night and felt alright when I got up this morning. I made my breakfast and ate while I decided what I would do for the day. As the day progressed my mood went downhill. Not sure if it is PMS or the detox finally starting to hit me but it was a rough one. I was in a very bad mood - very irritable and just didn't want to be bothered at all. I was actually mad that I was feeling this way. After venting my frustrations I was told by a person who has moderated all the groups that have gone through the reset and he told me that I was finally hitting the detox part that most people experience in Days 3-5. Now I knew I had it too easy in Phase 1.. I was not prepared for this. There is what people are calling the "emotional release" part of the detox phase where you can get super emotional - crying, mad, etc.. well I think today was it for me. I experienced every emotion possible. I was mad, downright angry. Then I was sad, tired, frustrated, then elated. It is crazy! As the day went on I felt the anger and frustrations going away. By night I was back to normal and felt fine. I made my dinner and watched baseball and just had a good evening. 

I am telling you this because I want you to know that this 21 Day Reset is not something to venture into without mentally preparing yourself. It is not all rainbows and unicorns. There are rough patches and times when you may want to quit. You have to just sit down and remind yourself WHY you decided to do this. The benefits are going to far outweigh any emotional issues you may have from time to time. I explained to my husband this was part of it and to just bear with me. I am the kind of person who when I get mad I just get quiet.. so hopefully it wasn't to difficult on him this afternoon. I am not telling you all of this to scare you out of doing it. I think we can all benefit from this program and know that this is just a little bump in the road. Tomorrow is the last day of the Detox Phase and I start the Restore Phase on Monday. Just know that if you are on the fence of wanting to try this I still highly recommend it. Just don't go into it thinking its going to be a cake walk. You will have good times and bad times but the good will always overcome the bad. The feeling you will have during this is like no other feeling in the world. You can rest easy knowing what amazing gift you are giving yourself by doing this. There is TONS of support out there when you are doing it. You just have to decide to do it and commit to it. Its a 21 day journey of mental and physical change. You are setting the blueprint for the rest of your life. I have learned things during this 21 days about myself that I may never have known. I know now what I am supposed to feel like after eating, what it is like to have energy that lasts all day, what it is like to get good sleep at night.. These little things combined can make huge changes in your life. The best thing - being able to tell yourself and others that YOU DID IT. You made it through the program and you are now healthier than you have ever been. This may not be the last blip in my journey but I know what to expect now and how to handle it. 

Until tomorrow...

~ Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment