Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ultimate Reset Day 11 and 12

I am lumping these two days together in a post because they were pretty uneventful and not much has changed. The food has still been good and I am still feeling good and sleeping really well at night. Overall this week has been pretty mundane.

The only issues I have noticed popping up here in Days 11 and 12 are cravings. They have finally hit and hit like a ton of bricks! I have also been hungry for 2 days now. What I am hearing from most people is that they are never hungry. The issue I am having is I am a hardcore carnivore and this transition to vegetarian/vegan has been brutal for me. I feel like I am in a cartoon where everything I look at turns to a piece of chicken or steak. The issue I am having are the "main" dishes on this reset are things I would normally consider a side dish. Therefore, the portions are HUGE and by the time I am half way through eating them I am so tired of eating it that I just don't eat any more. This is why I am staying hungry. If I could stomach the whole portion I would be stuffed! I really miss having a protein like chicken or steak as my main dish. I love fruits and vegetables but could never make them my main source of food. Also, I have been putting myself in situations that aren't helping me at all. I have been spending a lot of time with family (which I always do) but nobody in my family is doing this reset with me. So I am sitting at their houses at night eating my pilaf or vegetables while they dine on steak, chicken and all of my former favorite foods. It has been hard and a true test of my willpower. It would be a lot easier on me if I just stayed at home alone with my food but lets face it.. I am not going to isolate myself because of this. I am currently on Day 13 and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is a 4 week transition phase at the end of the reset that slowly reintroduces the foods you phased out back into your diet. To be honest, its going to take every ounce of my willpower not to throw a Porterhouse on the grill come Day 22!

I am not going to sugar coat this and tell you its been all unicorns and rainbows. It has been hard. Not having anyone doing it with me has made it even harder. Having my husband at home fixing grilled cheese sandwiches while I am eating salad and vegetables is not ideal. I HIGHLY suggest if you are going to take the plunge that you find someone to do it with you, support you and be there for you every step of the way. It would be a lot easier if he was eating the same foods as me instead of stopping by the drive-thru at Wendys as soon as I finish telling him how hungry I am! I have been adding snacks here and there which is an option on the reset. They suggest you try to get by without them if possible but I am the type of person who gets really irritable when I am hungry. What's the old saying? If momma bear isn't happy nobody is happy? Well I have a 6 month old here that I can't take out my frustrations on so I am supplementing with snacks to keep myself sane. I have tried to follow the guide 100% but will fess up and be honest and tell you I ate a dinner last night that was not reset approved. I did not prep ahead of time and therefore did not have my food with me while I was out. After I ate I am not sure if I felt worse due to the indigestion or the guilt. It has been eating me up inside that I was so weak as to let that happen. I had made it 12 days with no slip ups and in one moment of weakness let myself down. Now did this indiscretion lead me to quit the reset completely? NO WAY IN HELL! I am back on the saddle and was up this morning telling myself that the past is the past. I am letting it go and moving on and forward and finishing this thing out on top. To me one slip up in 12 days is a huge feat. I have been a LOT stronger than I thought I was. It has been a hard road but how I am feeling now has made it all worth while. At my peak I was down 13.2 lbs. Right now I am bouncing up and down 1-2 lbs because I am a female and well my girls know what that means. I had my reset breakfast and am about to prep my lunch and dinner. 

Today is a new day. Only 8 days left. It is also VERY exciting to only see 5 detox packets left in my box. I will be glad when that is over. 

Until tomorrow ~

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment