Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight




I get a lot of messages from people wanting to know why they aren't losing weight when they are working out and eating right. I can say a good percentage of those messages come from people who "think" they are eating right when really their nutrition is way out of control. One of the first things I tell people to do is to keep a food journal for a few days - write down EVERY SINGLE thing you put in your mouth - send it back to me and we will discuss it and see where things can be changed up. Some people don't even do that much.. they just give up and I never hear from them again. For those people who are SERIOUS about making some changes - it works. We get so caught up with work, taking care of the kids, running errands and doing a million other things we don't realize sometimes that we are snacking here and there, stealing food off our kids plates or eating while we are cooking. When I did the Ultimate Reset I found out I was one of those people who liked to eat while they cooked. As I cut up vegetables and fruits I would be constantly snacking. On the Reset I wasn't allowed to eat while I was prepping my food. It was a hard habit for me to break but I was so glad that it was brought to my attention because there is no telling how many extra calories I was taking in with that one small habit.

Don't forget...



All of that brings me to this. I found a great article that breaks down 25 reasons why you may not being losing weight. I am going to bullet point them here. If you want to see the entire article click here. 


  1. You overeat healthy foods
  2. You don't eat breakfast
  3. You don't practice portion control
  4. You eat while standing up
  5. You don't sleep enough
  6. You over-indulge in low fat foods
  7. You don't eat enough vegetables
  8. You think walking your dog is enough
  9. You don't cut your food
  10. You still drink soda
  11. Your partner isn't on the same healthy road
  12. You are addicted to condiments and toppings
  13. You don't drink water
  14. You don't leave time for fun
  15. You are on a diet.. well, sort of..
  16. You are always dining out
  17. You don't keep a food journal
  18. You exercise with an empty stomach
  19. You only do cardio
  20. You eat without thinking
  21. You wear clothes that are too big
  22. You don't eat enough
  23. You leave out entire food groups
  24. You never indulge
  25. You eat the wrong post-workout snacks
Now I can tell you I am guilty of more than one of these from time to time.. nobody is perfect! Check out the article here  for more information on each of the 25 reasons and what you can do to change it. Thanks to fitsugar.com for such a great informative article!      

 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment